Gem stones are basically pieces of crystals, spread around the various continents of the World. These Gemstones are identified based on the commercial availability as Precious, Semi Precious or Ordinary. Thus Semi-Precious stones are gemstones that are not classified as precious, but are used equivalently in Jewellery or for adornment.
These gem stones are usually translucent and vary in color based on its chemical compositions. Each gem stones are classified based on the different groups, species, and varieties. For example, ruby is the red variety of the species corundum, while any other color of corundum is considered sapphire. Other examples are the emerald (green), aquamarine (blue), red beryl (red), goshenite (colorless), heliodor (yellow) and morganite (pink), which are all varieties of the mineral species beryl. The study of gems is deep and is identified as Gemology.
The color of any material is due to the nature of light itself. Daylight, often called white light, is all of the colors of the spectrum combined. When light strikes a material, most of the light is absorbed while a smaller amount of a particular frequency or wavelength is reflected. The part that is reflected reaches the eye as the perceived color. A ruby appears red because it absorbs all the other colors of white light, while reflecting the red. A material which is mostly the same can exhibit different colors. For example, ruby and sapphire have the same primary chemical composition (both are corundum) but exhibit different colors because of impurities. Even the same named gemstone can occur in many different colors: sapphires show different shades of blue and pink and "fancy sapphires" exhibit a whole range of other colors from yellow to orange-pink, the latter called "padparadscha sapphire". This difference in color is based on the atomic structure of the stone. Although the different stones formally have the same chemical composition and structure, they are not exactly the same. Every now and then an atom is replaced by a completely different atom, sometimes as few as one in a million atoms. These so-called impurities are sufficient to absorb certain colors and leave the other colors unaffected.
A few gemstones are used as gems in the crystal or other form in which they are found. Most however, are cut and polished for usage as jewelry.
Few experts have studied the gem stones and have concluded that they have healing affect on the human body, mind and spirits. There has been connection of astrology too with the gem stones. Human body and these Crystals are said to have a particular frequency of vibration. When the vibration of crystal gets in contact with that of the human body a certain energy seems to flow through the body giving a soothing and calming effect. It has been said that the vibrations in the crystals can be instilled based on the requirement of the individuals.
Fleagora has jewellery products that have few of the known semi-precious stones in them. The Namukasa creations!!
The creator of these jewellery Namukasa is a dynamic lady with deep knowledge on these gem stones.
Each Namukasa creation is made with deep thought for ensuring that every user benefits from the properties of the materials used. While considering the positivity, happiness and beauty enhancement which it will bring to the user, the health benefits have also been considered with a touch of Spirituality. These hand-crafted items are meticulously made with carefully selected raw materials, positive thoughts, love and compassion. The purchaser shall be a proud owner of these beautiful and unique creations. The reasonably priced creations are energised with spiritual energies before exhibiting them for sale.
Listed below are few of the gem stones / semi-precious stones and their healing properties:-
1. Rose Quartz :- It is a crystal of Venus, Goddess of love and beauty. It is a stone of universal love. Physiologically rose quartz is considered a very powerful healing stone. It strengthens the physical heart and circulatory system and releases impurities from body fluids.
Placed on the thymus it aids chest and lung problems. It heals the kidneys and adrenals and elevates vertigo. It also helps in clearing the complexion. This stone is said to open the heart and allow to restore trust and love and to move forward. It helps in thinking progressively and having positive thoughts.
2. Amethyst: A very powerful and protective stone, guards against psychic attack. Transmuting the energy into love and protecting the wearer from all types of harm including geopathic or electromagnetic stress and ill wishes from others. This stone helps in removing negative thoughts from the wearer. It calms and stimulates the mind, helping you become more focused, enhancing memory and improving motivation.
3. Tiger's eye - It combines the earth energy with the energies of the sun to create a high vibrational state drawing spiritual energies to the earth. Emotionally, tiger's eye treats the eyes and aids night visions, heals the throat and reproductive organs and dissolves constrictions. It is a protective stone that was traditionally carried as a talisman against ill wishing and curses. Balancing yin-yang and energising the emotional body, Tiger Eye stabilises mood swings, imbues us with willpower, purpose, courage and self-confidence, and releases tension.
4. Rhodonite is a stone of compassion. It grounds energy, balances yin-yang, and aids in achieving one's highest potential. It is an emotional balancer that clears away emotional wounds and scars from the past and nurtures love. It heals emotional shock and panic. Rhodonite aids in cases of emotional self-destruction, codependency and abuse. It encourages unselfish self-love and forgiveness. Promotes remaining calm in dangerous or upsetting situations. Builds confidence and alleviates confusion.
5. Lapis Lazuli encourages selfawareness, allows self-expression and reveals inner truth, providing qualities of honesty, compassion and morality to personality. Stimulates objectivity, clarity, and encourages creativity. It also inspires confidence. Lapis Lazuli quickly releases stress, bringing deep peace. It brings harmony and deep inner self-knowledge. Lapis Lazuli assists to confront and speak one’s truth and inspires confidence. It bonds relationships, aiding in expression of feelings and emotions.
6. Jasper increases emotional stamina, self-confidence, self-trust, emotional protection, courage, balance, calm and relaxation. It sustains and supports through times of stress, and brings tranquility and wholeness. Jasper provides protection and absorbs negative energy. It balances yin and yang. Jasper clears electromagnetic and environmental pollution, including radiation. It encourages honesty with one's self. Aids quick-thinking and promotes organisational abilities.
7. Ruby Zoisite also known as Anyolite offers the energy of happiness, appreciation, abundance, vitality and growth. It stimulates the heart and helps one to open up to divine love. It is a powerful stone for deep healing by activating the body's defences and healing mechanisms. Increases awareness of ones individuality. Anyolite instills joy, spontaneity, laughter and courage, bringing passion and a zest for life.
8. Unakite brings abundant energy for healing. Unakite is a stone of vision. It balances emotions with spirituality. Unakite provides grounding when needed. It facilitates rebirthing, gently releasing conditions that inhibit spiritual and psychological growth.
9. Agate will increase power, logic memory & concentration and self-confidence. Agate is an excellent stone for rebalancing and harmonising body, mind and spirit. It cleanses and stabilises the aura, eliminating and transforming negativity. Agate enhances mental function, improving concentration, perception and analytical abilities. It soothes and calms, healing inner anger or tension and creates a sense of security and safety.
10. Malachite is an important protection stone. Malachite absorbs negative energies and pollutants, picking them up from the atmosphere and from the body. Guards against radiation and clears electromagnetic pollution. Malachite clears and activates the chakras and attunes to spiritual guidance. It opens the heart to unconditional love. Malachite releases inhibitions and develops empathy with others. It alleviates mental disturbances and combats dyslexia. Enables you to absorb and process information.